8 September 2011

Kinder Kitchen packed lunch ideas

As many children go back to school this week after the summer break, many mums I speak to find it difficult to think up varying packed lunch ideas. My daughter starts school nursery next week and I will need to send her in with a packed lunch on a couple of those days, so it has got me thinking.
Many of us will turn to a sandwich (ham or cheese) straight away and although our children need the carbohydrates they get from bread, it nonetheless clogs up their system like it does our own, and too much bread long term is not good.
So below are some ideas for different packed lunches. If you have any ideas please post them on my facebook page or on my blog page, as this is really an issue that mums are faced with nationwide!
  • Chicken legs roasted in olive oil with thyme and garlic
  • Chicken breast roasted and sliced 
  • Rice cake sandwiches with hummus
  • Plain yoghurt sprinkled with raisins
  • Dried apricots
  • Homemade sweet potato crisps


No comments: