|Scones ready for the oven|
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl
- Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs
- Now add the cheese and enough milk to form a light dough
- Roll out lightly to 2inch in thickness
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes and serve warm with a little butter
So the scones went into the oven and we started to prepare the chicken nuggets. Oven baked, they are much healthier than fried. They take about 15 minutes (depending on size) and come out nice and crunchy. The nuggets were polished off in minutes and all the children said they preferred them to those from McDonalds'.
Crunchy oven baked chicken nuggets
- Cut the chicken breast up into bite size pieces
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork and add a little salt and pepper
- Firstly coat the chicken pieces in the flour, next in the egg then in the breadcrumbs and place on a clean plate
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until crispy and cooked through
- Serve with ketchup and enjoy!