17 September 2013

Kinder Kitchen recipe - Pink salad delight

So as I mentioned yesterday, I have a kitchen full of amazing produce and for lunch today I made my delicious pink delight salad.

I just love beetroot. I know many people don't like it but for me there is nothing better than freshly boiled beetroot in a salad.

My children have not taken to beetroot yet but by eating this dish in front of my son, he took an interest (in the colour particularly) and asked me what I was eating. I served him just the rice with the quinoa and apple mixed in.

Anyway for all you adults out there needing a little pinkness in your lives (and beetroot loving children too) here is my recipe for my pink salad delight.

Ingredients:

1/2 mug cooked brown rice
4 tbsp. cooked quinoa
4 radishes, sliced
3 small beetroot, cubed
1 apple, grated
3 tbsp. salad dressing (http://kinderkitchenrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/todays-nutritious-recipe-from-kinder_20.html)

I didn't add any, but some fresh parsley, chives or coriander would top this salad off perfectly.

Method:
  1. Cook the rice and quinoa (as per the instructions on the packet)
  2. Wash and slice the radishes, peel and cube the beetroot and grate the apple
  3. Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well
  4. Eat on it's own or with some freshly fried salmon steak and corn on the cob. Yum!
Top Tip:

Over the summer and early autumn months I generally eat a salad daily. Making up a daily dressing can take time so I make enough to last me a whole week and keep it in the fridge. By keeping it in a recycled jam jar, you can just give it a good shake and pour when you need to use it.

No comments: