So tonight I will be making my scrummy baked apples for my kids for their dessert. They are dead quick and easy to make and healthy too.
2 large baking apples (Bramley or the like), skins on
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. raisins or sultanas
(double the stuffing mixture for 4 apples)
Preheat the oven to 180 C
1. Core the apples and score the skin five times from top to bottom all around the apple. Place them on a baking tray
2. Mix the butter, sugar and raisins together and stuff the mix into the centre of the cored apples
3. Sprinkle a little extra sugar over the apples and place in the oven
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the apples are starting to visibly soften
5. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream, crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt.
For a festive feel or to use up any left over minced meat from Christmas, try stuffing the cored apples with minced meat instead of the butter mixture.
Please let me know your great mixes for stuffing the apples if you have any.